Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why blog?

It's true. There are a gazillion blogs out there. I've always wondered why people blog, even though I'm an avid follower of a select handful. If you're not really a professional blogger, though, someone with credentials, who wants to read your musings?

Recently I stumbled across the blog of an old friend. I don't think she would consider herself a professional blogger, and often her posts are short, simple, and make no point other than to capture a quick image or impression. I love reading them, because they're almost always beautiful - beauty in the form of a photo of a homemade cake; beauty in a few words about the garden in winter.

I started wondering what beautiful small things I take the time to notice - or capture and celebrate - in my busy life. This blog is about providing a space just to do that. And really? I don't care if anyone reads it or not.

1 comment: